TENURE AND TIME MANAGEMENT
HOW TO BE PRODUCTIVE AND HAVE A LIFE BEYOND THE IVORY TOWER
Tenure and Time Management is a tele-workshop for faculty, post-docs, and graduate students who:
- Feel like you are working long hours but making little progress towards the things that matter to your long-term success
like you are not currently working at your highest intellectual
potential because your time is taken up by a constant stream of mundane
- Are fearful that your 3rd year or tenure review
is right around the corner, but you are not publishing at a rate that
is consistent with your institution's expectations
recently had a critical 3rd year review that indicates your time is
being spent on the wrong activities and there are questions about your
ability to win tenure at your current institution
- Feel tired from working many hours per week but dissatisfied with the outcome at the end of each week
- Feel unable or unclear about how to align your time with your institution's priorities
trying to finish a dissertation, or maximize a post-doc position while
developing strategies for success as you move towards the job market
- Just can't figure out how your semesters fly by without progress on your research, writing, and publication
What Will You Learn?
The Tenure and Time Management Tele-Workshop will help you to:
- Understand the common challenges people face when making the transition from graduate student to professor
- Avoid the common mistakes new faculty, post-docs, and doctoral students make in managing their time
- Learn why and how to align your work time with institutional and personal priorities
- Create time for academic writing and your personal goals
- Develop a network of support and accountability for your writing
What Will You Receive With This Workshop?
All participants receive:
- An electronic packet of materials summarizing the workshop content
- An MP3 audio recording of the workshop
subscription to the weekly Monday Motivator to reinforce the concepts
participants learned in the workshop and encourage application and
- Access to a professional development discussion forum
- Access to online writing support and accountability groups
What is a Tele-Workshop?
Tele-workshops are similar to a class, but they are held over the
phone. At the scheduled time, you simply call in and the workshop is
conducted by conference call. If you are unable to listen at the scheduled time, just download the audio onto your MP3 player or computer and listen at your convenience.
Date, Time, and Tuition
The Tenure and Time Management Tele-Workshop
will occur on October 6th, from 3:00 - 5:00pm CST, (1:00 - 3:00 PST,
and 4:00 - 6:00pm EST). Participants will receive the workshop slides 24
hours prior to the workshop. The Time Management Tele-Workshop tuition rates are as follows:
- General Public: $100 per/person
- NCFDD Members: $49.00 per/person
- Faculty Success Program Participants and Alumni: $0.00
Your tuition will be refunded in full if you are not completely satisfied with your workshop experience.
Read what faculty are saying about NCFDD workshops by clicking here.