What Is the Dissertation Success Program?
The Dissertation Success Program is designed for doctoral candidates who are focused on finishing their dissertation. The program is built on the assumption that there is only one way to complete a dissertation: write it!
While that sounds simple, there are three common reasons that graduate students struggle to complete dissertations:
- and isolation.
The program teaches students how to navigate around these barriers in the context of a supportive community. Participants in the Dissertation Success Program will learn to:
- Develop and maintain a daily writing routine
- Systematically plan weekly writing goals
- Understand the writing process
- Develop positive writing rituals
- Identify and overcome academic perfectionism
- Track research and writing time for ongoing self-assessment
- Belong to a community of supportive and productive academic writers
- Create a local and extended network of mentors for long-term success
"The Dissertation Success Program Has Really Helped Me
Become A More Productive Writer..."
"The Dissertation Success Program has really helped me become a more productive writer by holding me accountable to writing regularly. This is done through the online tools to help me track the time I spend on writing, encouraging me to reflect on my daily writing habits including challenges to writing, teaching me strategies to plan out my writing, scheduling the time to write, and developing a habit to do all of this. But most importantly this program has helped me change my mindset about MY writing so that MY writing IS a priority and it is not put on the back burner. It is very easy to put writing for your dissertation to the side when faced with other commitments, so having this program hold me accountable is a constant reminder to write! I highly recommend this program to any graduate student, especially those with commitments other than the dissertation (which is almost everyone!)."
Cynthia M. Alcantar, University of California, Los Angeles
The Dissertation Success Program Includes:
- 12 Weeks of Access to our DSP Online Community
- 12 Weekly Training Videos with Kerry Ann Rockquemore, PhD
- Monthly Live Group Mentoring Calls with Faculty Mentors and Writing Coaches who will take your questions
"I Have Made More (Writing) Progress In This Program
Than I Have Done In The Past Two Years."
"I have been able to balance my full time job, my newborn baby and making progress for my dissertation because of Dissertation Success. I have made more (writing) progress in this program than I have done in the past two years. I have found the structure, motivation and support to write consistently, while also being encouraged to have free time to spend with my family guilt free. I highly recommend this program to any student that is ready to get things done!"
Lina Traslaviña Stover,
University of Nebraska
Read what our recent DSP Alumni are saying by clicking here.
Pricing, Terms and conditions
- Tuition for the Program: $650.00
- Our online store processes credit card payments only.
- Once you have registered for the Dissertation Success Program, there are NO REFUNDS and your participation is NOT TRANSFERABLE to another term.
- For the website to identify you as at an NCFDD Institutional Member (and provide the correct pricing), you must register for an Institutional Sub-Account here.
- Please note that the Dissertation Success Program can only be hosted if at least 100 participants enroll for the session to ensure the quality of the community. If we are unable to reach this number of participants, we will not be able to host the Dissertation Success Program during that session, and anyone who has already registered will be entitled to either a refund or can carry their registration forward to the next session.
Who is Eligible to Participate?
The Dissertation Success Program is ONLY available for doctoral students currently writing a dissertation.
If you are an institution and would like to register multiple registrants, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we'll process the registrations for you.
City University of New York
"It Has Been Life-Changing"
"I am so happy to be a part of this program. It has come into my professional life at a time when I was in great need of support and prodding. My work had stalled because of multiple dissertation-related, work-related and personal-related pressures that could just not be managed in a 24-7 time frame. I had also suffered a serious rethinking of my mentor network. My situation remains that there are few outlets to fully discuss my situation BUT the coaches of DSP and Kerry Ann's weekly blogs and homework assignments have helped me to stay focused and not let distraction get bigger than they need to be or take longer than necessary. I have a framework to easily jump back into each an every time. Being able to connect with others in the process and there being no judgement (yes!) makes it so easier to put things out there, process and move on AND being able to "help" someone else is incredibly rewarding and motivating. When my executive dean asked what we thought of NCFDD, I responded that it has been "life-changing" and it has. Thank you! "
Sign In to Register
Although you may register for DSP without signing in to the website, we encourage you to sign in. This will help us consolidate all of your transactions with NCFDD under your member profile and will ensure that you receive the correct pricing if your institution is a member. If you have an account with NCFDD, your default username is your e-mail address, and your default password is password1.
Click here to contact us with questions or call 313-347-8485.
V. Gina Díaz,
University of New Mexico
"I Became More Committed To And Engaged In
My Experience, My Process, My Voice, And My Work."
"What I most appreciate about the NCFDD's Dissertation Success Program is that it has helped me understand and reverse some of the barriers I had experienced with my writing. By providing valuable information that helped me approach the process of writing drastically differently, I became more committed to and engaged in my experience, my process, my voice, and my work. The program also helped me practice and value writing in community, through it I became less anxious about sharing my work by strategically determining what to share with whom when. An important element of DSP is that it allowed me to give myself permission to enjoy my time away from my work, giving significance to other aspects of my life and generally contributing to me becoming happier. From the bottom of my heart, THANKS to all involved!"