Just Released: Our December Newsletter!
Tuesday, December 9, 2014
Posted by: Allison Van Buren
As we close out 2014, I am so excited to share with you the growth that we've experienced here at NCFDD over the last year, along with what we've been able to provide to our members. In 2014, we:
- Served more than 68,000 members, including graduate students, post-docs and faculty members (compared to just over 30,000 in 2013).
- Graduated 410 Faculty Success Program participants and served 460 alumni in our rapidly expanding FSP Alumni community.
- Visited 35 campuses to facilitate workshops, deliver keynotes and connect with our members face-to-face (just like the picture above at Dartmouth College)
- Delivered 10 core curriculum webinars, hosted 12 guest expert webinars and offered five multi-week courses.
- Added several new members to our core team!
- Mason Anthony, Director of Operations
- Michelle Rivera-Clonch, PhD, Faculty Success Program Administrator
- Allison Van Buren, Member Relations Coordinator
- Mark Alpert, Webmaster
- Expanded our Institutional Membership to 37 institutions
- Provided supportive space for 52 weeks of Writing Challenges on our discussion forums.
- Delivered electronic support and encouragement through 48 weeks of Monday Motivators, 12 monthly newsletters, and a new column series in Inside Higher Ed.
- Co-created our own unique writing accountability software with our FSP Alumni
- Hosted 975 participants in our popular14-Day Writing Challenges!
The NCFDD team is grateful for all of your support.In our final Newsletter of the year, we encourage you to check out our Faculty Success Program spotlight (registration for the January session ends December 19th), start planning now for our 2015 workshops, and enjoy the first edition of my new column series forInside Higher Ed: Dear Kerry Ann (an advice column for under-represented faculty).
2014 has been a wonderful year of expansion at the NCFDD and we hope our resources have helped in your personal and professional growth!
Kerry Ann Rockquemore, PhD
President, National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity
Read the full December Newsletter here