Dissertation Success Program Preview Webinar
We’ve spent the past 5 years teaching professors how to win tenure in our Faculty Success Program. Every year, graduate students have asked us for a program that is specifically designed for dissertation writers. We are now offering a Dissertation Success Program for graduate students who are focused on finishing their dissertations. We’re clear that there is one way to complete a dissertation: write it! While that sounds simple, there are three common reasons that graduate students struggle to complete dissertations: 1) procrastination, 2) perfectionism and 3) isolation. The program teaches students how to navigate around these barriers in the context of a supportive community.
Participants in the Dissertation Success Program will learn to:
- Develop and maintain a daily writing routine
- Systematically plan weekly writing goals
- Understand the writing process
- Develop positive writing rituals
- Identify and overcome academic perfectionism
- Track research and writing time for ongoing self-assessment
- Belong to a community of supportive and productive academic
- a local and extended network of mentors for long-term success
- If you'd like to register for our upcoming 14-Day Writing Challenge, click here.
- If you want to register for the Dissertation Success Program, click here.
About The Facilitator:
||Kerry Ann Rockquemore, PhD, is President and CEO of the National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity. Her scholarship has focused on interracial families, biracial identity, and the politics of racial categorization. She is author of two important books: Beyond Black and Raising Biracial Children, as well as over two dozen articles and book chapters on multiracial youth. After Dr. Rockquemore became a tenured professor, her focus shifted to improving conditions for pre-tenure faculty by creating supportive communities for writing productivity and work/life balance. Her award-winning work with under-represented faculty led to the publication of her most recent book: The Black Academic's Guide to Winning Tenure Without Losing Your Soul. Dr. Rockquemore provides workshops for faculty at colleges across the U.S., writes an advice column for Inside Higher Ed, and works with a select group of faculty each semester in the Faculty Success Program.