As the NCFDD's signature program, the Faculty Success Program is specifically designed to transform your personal and professional life. It’s all about learning the secrets to increasing your research productivity, getting control of your time, and living a full and healthy life beyond your campus. The program is for advanced graduate students, post-docs, tenure-track faculty AND tenured faculty who are looking for the perfect combination of empirically-tested methods to improve research productivity, intense accountability, coaching, and peer support to propel your work-life balance and personal growth to a whole new level.
Our Virtual Boot-camp is for Academics Who Want to:
- Start the semester with an achievable set of personal and professional goals and a realistic plan to meet them
- Develop a consistent, healthy, and sustainable daily writing routine
- Move forward in developing the publication profile that will exceed your institution's promotion criteria
- Align your time with your institution's priorities and your personal values
- Master best-practices in academic time management
- Identify your resistance and develop a set of strategies to move through it
- Nourish your physical and emotional health
- Participate in an intensely supportive community that processes day-to-day challenges, pushes individuals when they need it, and celebrates members successes as they occur
What it is:
The Faculty Success Program is a 12-week Boot-Camp where you will learn to:
- Understand the common time challenges scholars face in balancing research, teaching, and service
- Avoid the most common time management mistakes faculty make
- Develop a consistent daily writing routine to increase research productivity
- Learn why and how to align work time with institutional priorities, personal values, and long-term goals
- Develop a network of support and accountability for academic writing
- Create a local network of mentors for long-term success
How it works:
We form a community to support your success. That means, we have a once a week Community Call with Kerry Ann Rockquemore where you will learn empirically-tested skills, strategies, and practices that will help you to align your time with your priorities, identify what’s holding you back, and move through whatever resistance you experience. You will also have a small group call (led by NCFDD certified coaches) where you set goals and we hold you accountable for meeting them each and every week. And finally, we track your time and writing progress in a private online community.
- To be self-directed and responsible adult learners who are open to feedback.
- To regularly attend and participate in the 90-minute Community Call on Sunday evenings at 8pm EDT led by Kerry Ann Rockquemore.
- To attend and actively participate in your 1-hour Small Group Support & Accountability Calls. These calls are scheduled at the same day and time weekly for the 12-weeks. Small Group Call day/time combinations include: Tuesdays 12-1 pm EDT, Tuesdays 3-4 pm EDT, Wednesdays 12-1pm EDT, and Wednesdays 3-4pm EDT.
- To complete the weekly homework assignments guided by Kerry Ann Rockquemore and supported by your Small Group Coach.
- To track daily progress on Writing, Research and Personal Goals in our online community.
The Faculty Success Program includes:
- 12 Community Calls where you learn the important skills and strategies that will increase your productivity.
- 12 Small Group Accountability Calls that enable you to connect deeply with other academics and our dedicated faculty coaches to receive direct guidance, problem-solving, and support.
- 12 Monday Motivator and Mid-Week Encouragement Messages to serve as continuous reminders of the program principles.
- Audio Recordings and Summaries of all Community Calls are available for your immediate access each week, so you can add them to your personal professional development library.
- Exclusive Faculty Success Program Online Community to track your productivity, interact with other program participants, ask questions, get feedback, share resources, and exchange ideas, support, and more.
The Faculty Success Program - Summer 2014 Dates:
The Summer 2014 Faculty Success Program runs from May 25 - Aug. 15, 2014.
A few key dates to note are:
- April 1, 2014 - Summer FSP Registration Opens
- April 25, 2014 - No Invoices will be generated 30 days before Program Start Date
- May 1, 2014 - Early Bird Deadline
- May 9, 2014 - Summer FSP Registration Closes
Tuition & Registration:
- $3250 per person on or before May 1, 2014 ("Early Bird" Discount)
- $3750 per person after May 1, 2014
Registration for the Summer 2014 Session:
Opens Tuesday, April 1, 2014
*Please Note: The NCFDD has a "No Refund" policy for the Faculty Success Program. All monetary transactions associated with the Faculty Success Program are considered final and the NCFDD will not issue refunds for those transactions. Registration for the program is not transferable to another semester.